Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wisconsin State Fair

So in true Midwest fashion, I had to take a trip to the Wisconsin State Fair. I went with my friend Annie and it was awesome!
Personally, I love the fair. I love the animals, the old ladies and there homemade jam and the food.


This year, I had a fair first: the piggy races! Annie, an avid piggy race fan, watched You-Tube videos in preparation for the event. Little did I know, they not only do they race piggy's, but goats and ducks too. Annie stood on her seat and waved her arms like a crazy lady to be chosen as duck rooter (if her duck won, she got a blue ribbon-typically an opportunity for children, not 25 year old women) for the duckie race. If you think this sport is a joke...think again because people take this stuff seriously.


Another fair first was the Herb Kohl milk stand. Although it sounds gross to drink milk on a hot eventing at the fair, it was super cool. There were about 15 flavor choices of milk. I samples root beer and classic strawberry. New flavors included banana and wild cherry. The line for this was around the corned and you got a giant glass for a quarter. The guy in front of us was buying eight glasses!


For the food experience....I searched high and low for chocolate bacon, but never found it. I settled for cheese curds instead.


YeeHaw...I love the fair.


Side note: Unfortunately the Mayor of Milwaukee made a trip to the fair as well. On his way out, he tried to help a woman in a domestic dispute and ended up getting attacked by a man with a large pipe. The mayor was in the hospital with major facial lacerations, missing teeth and a broken hand. No, I'm not kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment