Friday, March 4, 2011

Delight from the Sea!

So a few months ago, Joey and I went to this fabulous restaurant in Milwaukee called Harbor House. It is the kind of place that you see in the movies – well at least the kind of movies I like. Anyway – they specialize in seafood (which I absolutely love).

Feeling adventurous, I decided to order an oyster on the half shell. My first experience with oysters was at a happy hour special – they were half price or something. It was gross. That being said – if its all you can eat or half price – it’s probably not as good as it is suppose to be. 

Anyway – so the waitress at Harbor House brought me the oyster atop of crushed ice with a pretty green sea like sprig of something, fresh horseradish, cocktail sauce and a juicy lemon. She gave me her recommended combination and told me to throw it back. So I did – and it was…..DELICIOUS!

I know some people say to swallow it whole but I chewed it and it was flavorful and refreshing.

I ordered another one. I tried to get Joey to eat one but he wasn’t interested. I won’t give him a hard time though because his pallet had defiantly broadened since we first me.

Sometimes he actually tells me that he’s craving sushi – which is like a dream to me because I could live on sushi…

So I think my next challenge will be to prepare oysters at home….I watched a YouTube video and it doesn’t seem to be that difficult. I also wouldn’t mind trying a few different combinations of condiments. I once saw an episode of Real Housewives of Orange County and Tamara had backyard dinner party and served fresh oysters with strawberry –Champaign puree on top. Ummmm yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment