Friday, November 6, 2009

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. White

In October, Joey and I made our way to Greenwood Indiana for the wedding of Steve and Lauren – one of Joey’s closet friends from IU. Joey was in the wedding and I had a seat at the “other half” table.

However, my favorite part of the entire wedding was the ceremony. Typically – I think people dismiss the ceremony and think only about the open bar awaiting them at the reception.

Although this is rude, it seems to be common – not to say I haven’t been to a few really boring ceremonies but you are invited to witness the marriage – and people should focus on that…

This ceremony was completely different. It was one of the most personal ceremonies I have attended. Everything from the music – piano versions of a few contemporary songs to an acoustic song written for Steve and Lauren, to the sermon and introduction to the couple to “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder…this wedding had the couple’s personal touch.

Also – much to Joey’s surprise and my unintentional hand placement – I caught the bouquet. I literally jut put my hand up and there is was. Lauren has a good aim.

Congrats again to Mr. and Mrs. White. Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your special day!

I stole this pic from Lauren's facebook but it was so beautiful I had to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment