Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yay for the Holidays!

If you know me...you know I love the holidays!

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year and I go all out on decorations, music, baked goodies and anything that sparkles or has glitter.

If it were my preference, I would have already set up the Christmas trees. But, I will respect Joey’s wishes to not set up the trees until after Thanksgiving. Bah Humbug!
Side note: Because I live in the city in an apartment – I don’t have a real Christmas Tree. I know this is like the Cardinal sin of Christmas. I assure you, once I no longer live in a downtown apartment, I will have a giant, fragrant, 100% real Christmas Tree.

I am also 88% done with my Christmas shopping. It is my goal to have all Christmas shopping completed and paid for by Thanksgiving. This doesn’t include fun last minute stocking stuffers, but on a whole, it’s how I role.

And to top of my love of Christmas, I talked Joey, Curt and Celeste into watching Home Alone and The Santa Clause last weekend. It was great! (I have a pretty big Christmas movie collection that is awesome, as well.)

However, I am very guilty of falling into the “I will buy it because it is Christmas themed,” trap.

A few of my favorites:

Red holiday cups at Starbucks - I typically don’t get hot drinks, but I will just to get the cup!

Holiday M&M’s – I don’t eat them at all until Halloween and Christmas because I like to fill glass containers with them.

Holiday ice cream - Eddy’s always comes out with fun holiday flavors like apple pie and pumpkin cinnamon.

Holiday scents - Bath and Body and Yankee are notorious for winning me over with their holiday fragrance lines. I can't help myself.

Needless to say – I am so excited about my trip home to Columbus so I can go to Hobby Lobby and throw myself into Christmas overload while Joey is at my house watching football...and I will be listening to Christmas music all the way to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment