Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Marathon of Sorts

Lately I feel like the thing to do in your 20’s is to train for a marathon. It’s very trendy and very admirable. Running 26.2 miles at once is an amazing accomplishment. I would consider a half marathon. Not sure I have them mental capacity to run a full.

Anyhow – I am writing today about a marathon Joey and I embarked on this summer. It was a marathon of weddings. This summer was definitely our half marathon as far as weddings go. I mean we were gone nearly every other weekend for weddings, bachelor parties, showers or our own wedding planning. (Please note – I am not complaining, just commenting.)

Here is the big thing – next summer is going to be twice as crazy - the full marathon. I remember people a few years older than us saying, “Just wait until you’re in your mid twenties; you’ll be going to weddings all the time.” They were right.

There are weddings almost every weekend before ours, and several immediately following. We need to invest in a small commuter plane. Chicago traffic doesn’t care who’s wedding it is.

This weekend is our second to last wedding of the year. After this, a wedding in December and then we will have wedding cake withdraw.

Lucky for us, the withdraw will only last until May. Then right back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment