Friday, June 12, 2009

Movin’ and Shakin’ (The before)

Over the past month, Joey and I have been setting up our new construction site apartment. It’s a really great house in historic Brewers Hill and it came with its own welcoming committee: spiders and a mouse that recently made a Tom and Jerry style hole in the pantry.

I’m happy to say the spiders have diminished dramatically but our little friend Stuart Little is probably still around. And, I can’t get a mouse trap because I would freak out of I killed the little guy. So, I have taken some advice from a co-worker who went to school at NYU. Since NYC is notorious for its dog sized rats, my bet is she knows what she is talking about. I am going to put peppermint oil on a cotton ball in his hole and hope he gets the hint and moves next door. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Below, you will find a picture of the front of our house. We have no porch, steps or entry to the front of our house but if all goes according to plan, construction should be done in the next month or so. Here is the before picture, I’ll post the after in a few weeks…hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment