Monday, June 15, 2009

Relationship defining decision: I will be a Cubs fan

Its official. I am a Cubs fan.

I have memorized all of the oddly pronounced last names of the players, I know who Lou Piniella is and I have my very own Cubbies t-shirt (thank you Joey).

Why Cubs and not Brewers? Because I happen to live with a Cubs enthusiast/fanatic/life long Cubs baseball hat wearer. And because cheering on the known rival and current #1 (Cubs are #2) team would make life difficult until baseball season is over.

Let me give a little background: I was once sent an e-mail with a woman in a wedding dress displaying her Cubs tattoo on her back with a note that said, “I think you should get one, babe.” I also received an e-mail from Joey about a little boy's father who made his wife promise that their first born son would be named Wrigley, to go along with their last names Fields. Not happening.

Anyway, Joey took me to my first ever Cubs game at Wrigley Field ( Cubs vs. Twins). We had an amazing time. It is a beautiful place with a lot of nostalgia. And the ambiance screams…Cubs for life!


After getting off the train at Wrigleyville, we went to a pizza place and got a slice of pizza. It was the biggest slice of pizza I have seen in my life. I put my hand in the picture to give a scale to go by, but it took both hands to pick it up and I couldn't eat it all. Joey did though!



The beautiful Wrigley Field. As Joey likes to quote "This is the most beautiful site these eyes have ever seen." (Thank you "Rudy"). He loves Wrigley Field and the Cubbies. Joey's Grandpa DesJean was probably recording the game, as he does all games. He keeps the games they win and watches them in the winter. Cubs love runs in the family.



Joey and I at the game! It was so much fun. The Cubs won in the bottom of the 9th inning (3-2).

No comments:

Post a Comment