Tuesday, July 21, 2009

City Garden

So I have decided to pull out my green thumb and start an city herb garden this summer. A city herb garden is one that is not in the ground but rather in pots on our porch or balcony.

My city herb garden includes basil, cilantro and dill. Not too fancy but they are my favorite herbs and the ones I am most likely to use. I love love love basil. I made an awesome tomato and mozzarella salad over the weekend and added my freshly picked basil! Yum.

And even though my backyard is far from its natural habitat...my herbs are doing amazingly well. I have even had to give it away to my co-workers. Its just a shame that Joey doesn't like anything with "herbie" food.

So, since I have managed to keep my herbs alive, next summer I am going to plant tomato plants because Joey and I go through tomatoes like crazy. On an average week, we probably consume about ten tomatoes or more. I would have tried it this summer but construction on our garage is about to begin and our yard is going to be torn apart.


{freshly picked goodness}


No comments:

Post a Comment