Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me

A few weeks ago, Joey and I were in my dad's hometown for a wedding. Because I hadn't been in the area for a few years, I decided that I wanted to go to see my grandma at the cemetery.

Before we left, I was wishing to myself that I could see some kind of a sign that my grandma is happy or present...just something to let me know she is OK.

Her resting place is in a beautiful location on a hill and under a shady tree. We were looking at her flowers when we noticed a mother bird had made a nest in the flowers on top of my grandma's headstone and she was sitting on her nest of babies.

I was so touched because this bird had all the placed in the world to build a nest, but she picked a spot with my grandma, where she would be safe and taken care of.

It was just the sign I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment