Saturday, September 12, 2009

SC Wedding #1


Two of my friends from college got married in August. Chris, the groom, served on IUSF Steering Committee with me. His fiance, Robyn, went to Purdue but made many appearances at IUSF functions.

I love them both and had an AMAZING time catching up with all of my SC besties at the wedding. I can't believe it has been three years since we were in college. Where does the time go?

It is so great to know that even though it has been three years, some things never change.

-My friend Allison and I had out own version of the movie, Nick and Norah's Infinite Play List. If you haven't see the movie, it about two kids trying to find another inebriated friend who is lost in the city. This happened. One of my closet guy friends, who will remain nameless, sent us on a wild goose chase around the campus of Depaul University. We found him, thanks to some kids who let him pass out on their porch.

-We also got stuck in traffic on the way to the wedding and ended up having to change in the car in the parking lot. We made it to the wedding at 2:59. The wedding started at 3:00.

-We definitely brought the dance floor from Sports to the wedding venue. The Michael Jackson tributes were amazing.

-After the wedding, our group of about 20 was asked by a bar owner not to go to his po-dunk bar called The Courthouse. Very strange...so we didn't.
-After the party is the hotel lobby - or hallway. Our rooms were all next to each other so we continued our festivities there. While leaping into the elevator, I sprained my ankle in front of Libby and Allison. They had a good laugh and my ankle swelled up like an apple. Always great.

Needless to say, Allison, Brett W, Brett R, Libby, Kat, Megan, Kasey, Carrie, Adam, Elliott, Lindsay, Man-Cole, Chris and Robyn - I miss you guys so much and I had an amazing time catching up! See you all in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment