Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Traditions

I know that many people think Valentine’s Day is a fake holiday made up by the card, candy and flower companies as a way to make money. I get it – it’s partially true. But I like any opportunity to make a day special and spend some quality time with Joey and let friends and family know I’m thinking about them.

Joey and I have a simple tradition. Joey gives me a flower for every Valentine’s Day we have spent together – this year it is going to be six (where has the time gone). I get him beer because when we had our first Valentine’s Day, we had just started dating and we weren’t 21 so I wasn’t going to do anything mushy…and I thought for a 20 year old college guy – beer was awesome.

So, I begged my mom to buy a 6-pack and I have given Joey beer every year since.

For dinner, we order pizza and watch some movies. It’s low key and that’s how we like it.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment