Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I’m not in College anymore

Greatest College Weekend Ever!

Little 500 Part I
Nothing reminds me more that I am no longer a college student than taking a road trip to Bloomington for a weekend of college living. College students are like wild animals – and I say this in the nicest way possible. It is so funny that it is a cultural norm and rite of passage to drink excessively, act ridiculously and do so in front of your peers, parents and any other adult that happens to be near you.

I was once a college student – but after last weekend – I realized I can’t hang with the big dogs. It took more than a week to recover from two “college like” evenings.

Bloomington Bagel = Lifesaver

I was dirty, smelled like alcohol and pizza (not because I drank too much because it was spilled on me) and I did the walk of shame in the rain at 8:30 am from my good friend Libby’s house to the hotel room I paid for but didn’t sleep in. Since I am no longer a college student and have an 8-5 job, I routinely wake up early in the morning hence the 8:30 am walk home.

Regardless – it is always fun to go back to school and relive the memories of the lifestyle I once had. To sum it up, I altered a funny movie quote to reflect my feelings of Little 500 weekend.

“The great thing about college is I get older, but IU stays just the same.” - So true.

Little 500 Part II
As a proud member of the 2007 Little 500 Steering Committee, I was so happy to go back to one of my favorite things that happens each spring in Bloomington. Lucky for us, we still get treated as special guests and get to take part in fun activities like the alumni bbq and we get infield passes and can watch the race from the center of the field. We also rent out the entire top floor at Nick's to celebrate post race. I love it and I hope I get to keep going back year after year.

Best seat in the house - from the infield

It was also so great to be back with great friends. Although our SC had a smaller showing than in past years, we had a great time and it was good to catch up with everyone. It is amazing how time passes by. Before we know it, we will be having our ten year SC reunion and we will definately be asking how ten years passed so quickly.

                                               
2007 SC photo a the Alumni BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment