Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whole Foods and Ale Don’t Mix – At least they shouldn’t

So I went to Whole Foods for one thing – flowers. And I found just what I was looking for – a beautiful bunch of fresh white hydrangeas.

So, I grabbed them and decided to take a walk around the store…and somehow, I ended up in the wine department. And I found just what I was looking for – a stylish bottle of Riesling that was on sale!

So, I grabbed a bottle and somehow made my way to the cheese and olive department. And I found just what I was looking for - a nice sample table out with this AMAZING Delice de Bourgogne triple cream cheese with these wonderful hazelnut and fig cheese crackers.

So, I grabbed them both and went to the bakery and picked up a freshly made French baguette that I needed to go with my gazpacho for dinner. I felt like a cute little French girl with my beautiful selections of wine, cheese, bakery items and flowers until I went to the cash register.

So, I grabbed my wallet because my wonderful items and French inspired afternoon set me back a whopping $39.00!! I love Whole Foods. I love walking around and looking at all of the unique items but I always come out with a tiny bag of goodies and a big dent in my wallet.

So, I went home, had a glass of wine, a few bites of cheese and arranged my beautiful flowers. C'est la vie! (That is life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment