Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This little thing called engagement…

If you haven’t heard already, Joey and I are engaged!! I’m so excited to be engaged to Joey after 5 years of togetherness.


We met our sophomore year of college and I told my roommate Jordan that I would marry Joey after our first date. Who knew it would actually happen!

The proposal

Joey and I were heading out for a much needed vacation on Longboat Key with my parents. We were finishing our packing and getting ready to get to the airport and Joey said, “Peach, I got you something small for our trip.”

I was thinking he got me a nice bag of Swedish Fish for the plane ride but I was wrong. When I turned around – he was on his knee with a tiny red box. I don’t think I have ever been more surprised in all of my life. It was definitely a great start to our trip and we were lucky enough to have a week of rest and relaxation to let it all set in.


So – we’re engaged. I have watched Father of the Bride every night since we have been home and I can’t wait to actually start planning the wedding I have been secretly planning for over a year – or actually my whole life, as many of you know. I have a flare for weddings and I always have – in fact I have scrapbooks from when I was a little girl with all the things I wanted for my own wedding – including guests to arrive by canoe (which I don’t think will be happening but I appreciate the creativity of “little me”).

Look out for wedding related posts. They will likely be abundant!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you both! Now you need to post a picture of the ring!

    ReplyDelete