Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blast From the Past!


I was out shopping a few weeks ago and happened to come across a total blast from the past – a scrunchie. I immediately had flashbacks of lip smackers roll-on gloss, sparkle nail polish (which I still like when appropriate) and Bath & Body Works. Those were the days.

Anyhow, way back in the day, I had tons of scrunchies – all to be coordinated with my outfits (typically umbro shorts and a t-shirt). And if it wasn’t in my hair, it was around my wrist – so trendy. As the fad made its way through the “never wear this again” fashion faux pas list and at least one episode of Sex & the City in which Carrie actually throws a fit when she sees a woman sporting one – my love of the scrunchie faded.  

However, when I saw said scrunchie – leopard print no less – I picked it up off the shelf and we had a moment. It was soft and silky – perfect to sleep in without breaking off my hair. So I went the cash register and bought it. Well worth the $1.50 at For Love 21.

I love how so many fun things from my tween years are becoming popular – neon, slap bracelets, scrunchies, gelly shoes…for the first time in my lifetime, I can say, “I totally used to wear those in the 90’s!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment