Monday, May 14, 2012

In Good Company


This past weekend, Joey and I went out for a dinner date at one of Milwaukee’s finest steak houses, Carnevor. While I do love a great steak restaurant – I kind of hate the name of this one. It makes me feel barbaric – like a predator or a dinosaur. 

Anyway….I would say Carnevor is one of the swankiest establishments in Milwaukee – super dark when you walk in, good mood music, hostesses in sky-high heels and black mini skirts, and absolutely amazing cuisine. My favorite was the truffle mashed potatoes. I might have died a bit they were so good. I’m embarrassed to say Joey and I were in a total food comma once we got home – we both feel asleep with the lights on and in our clothes. Yes – the food is that good.

Also, when you dine at Carnevor, you are often in good company. As were we because in the brief time (about 2.5 hrs) that we were in the restaurant, so were Alfonso Soriano, Starlin Castro (both Cubs players), Rollie Fingers (famed Brewers pitcher known for his fancy mustache) and Jonathan Lucroy (Brewers catcher).

I guess you have to be a foodie or a sports fan to enjoy this post. However – if you ever find yourself in Milwaukee with a craving for a good steak or a celebrity/athlete sighting – make a stop at Carnevor and you might get both.

1 comment: