Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dear Spring, could you hurry?


After the holidays, my days seem to get longer. With no festivities to look forward to or desert recipes to try out…January thru March are dismal. So, in order to rearrange my thinking, I set milestones that help me to get through the weeks and months.

Getting through the week:

Wednesday night comedy on ABC - Thank you Modern Family and Cougar Town for being so hilarious. And, since I am a Cougar for 30 days each year (Joey is 30 days younger), I can identify with the show! I look forward to Wednesdays because it is the benchmark to the weekend! And, it’s the day before Real Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy (my TV drama night). Also, Joey plays basketball on Thursdays so it is the only night when I can watch TV interruption free and without any channel surfing to ESPN, FOX Sports or any other sporting channel or event just to “check the score”.

What comes after Thursday….JEANS at work!..which is one less decision I have to make in the morning! I know it seems that I get through my week by watching TV…and it’s a little true, but when you live in a place that frequently has sub-zero degree temperatures, what else are you supposed to do? (Please note: I go to the YMCA every day after work – the TV time begins when I get home.)

Getting through the month:

Last year, I was lucky enough to go on a DesJean family vacation to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic at the end of January. Unfortunately, this year, I have no warm weather plans, but every year my Steering Committee from college gets together in Chicago for our reunion. So many of my friends make their way to the Windy City for a weekend of throwback fun and inside jokes…it’s a great time -cold weather and all. Thank you SC reunion for getting me through January with something exciting to look forward to.

I’m still working on plans for February and March. I keep having dreams of being on vacation on a beach so maybe its in the cards....In February, Joey and I will proudly celebrate our 5 years of togetherness – so that will be fun! And...I can decorate for Valentines Day and make fun Valentines for my fam! Other than that, I am keeping my calendar free and welcome visits from those in southern states – namely Indiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment