Friday, January 22, 2010

Yoga = Yowsa


So I took my first Yoga class last night…..and I’m a little sore.

I went with my friend Amelia to the class and the instructor was this cute hippie lady - Ann - who put up a No Farm, No Food sticker as soon as she got into the room so I instantly liked her. After her chatter about a self contained fish and lettuce eco-farm that she recently visited, we started class.

I then embarked on what I thought was going to be an hour of simple stretching. Boy was I right….stretching of things that haven’t ever been stretched….or at least haven’t been stretched since my cheerleading days in high school…

However, by the end of class, I felt much taller and more limber. I was relaxed and ready for bed. Long story short, I think I liked Yoga. It was far less violent on my body than an hour pounding away on the treadmill.

And to that I say, namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment