Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Home for the Holidays

I saw Home for the Holidays with my mom and dad in Bloomington at the Von Lee theater when I was a little girl. We had Thai food, spent time at the international grocery Sahara Mart and probably looked at CD’s at Trax. This movie quickly became a family favorite and we watch it almost every Thanksgiving.

I am flying home tomorrow and can’t wait!! In only an hour, I will be in the car driving home with my mom!

This year, she is what I am most thankful for. I love my momma and she has made me the lady I am today! I love being at home helping out with the holiday festivities. My mom always brings out her fancy serving dishes and my grandma’s china. And we have a fantastic Thanksgiving meal at the table I sat at growing up – I typically make my sister laugh until she gets in trouble and my mom and dad just roll their eyes at us. After dinner, my dad will say, “I’m sure glad that I ate when I did, because I couldn’t eat a thing now.” - He also likes to ask cashiers at the grocery if they take cash – he’s one of those…

I love my family, my house, and my dogs. I have so much to be thankful for this year!!

On a side note: My hard working fiancĂ© can’t come to Thanksgiving because he has to work on black Friday. Although I am sad that I can’t be there with him and that he can’t be with me, I know that he and Rosie will be watching football and vegging out in Milwaukee. I picked up some of his favorite treats so he can partake is in holiday overindulgence, too!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment