Friday, November 5, 2010

Twenty-sick

The last few weeks have been a whirl wind for Joey and me. We have had lots of guests!

Steve (Joey’s best man) and his wife Lauren came to Milwaukee for their second visit!! Joey kindly offered to take our friends on brewery tours during the day which means I got a few borderline drunk dials while at work. We also took them out to dinner at Milwaukee Ale House – the quintessential place to take visitors when in Milwaukee. Right as we were making our way to the bar for an after dinner drink, fire alarms went off – and like most people, we did nothing. Then a few frantic employs cautioned us that the building was going to explode. So, we left and were glad to take our friends to an explosion free bar – otherwise I’m not sure they would be so eager to visit us again!

That same weekend, my good friend Allison (one of my bridesmaids) came to visit! I was so happy to see her as our last encounter was brief in a Chicago bar. We celebrated my birthday with sushi and had an evening with lots of wedding talk, blog reading and all things girl. It was fantastic!

At the end of the weekend, Sunday, October 24 to be exact, I decided to use those eye drops I mentioned in my last post.

On Monday morning, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and a chemical feeling in my mouth. Hmm…could this be caused by the eye drops? A quick Google search told me that yes – cold syndrome was a side effect of the drops. Over the next few days, my sickness got worse and worse. I was able to make it to work on Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday on, I was down and out.

ALL FROM EYE DROPS?? The sickness went from a head cold to a chest cold – coughing, sneezing, you name it.

That’s right friends; I rang in my 26th birthday in my bed. Joey was going to take me to this new restaurant in MKE and I couldn’t even do it...

On the plus side, my mom and dad came up the following weekend and provided some much needed TLC. It doesn’t matter how old you get, when you are sick and your mom and dad are around, it always make you feel better.

All and all I had a great birthday with lots of wonderful notes, cards, treats, homemade dinners, and company of great friends and family.

**On a side note, I threw away the eye drops and have vowed to leave my eyes alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment