Monday, November 29, 2010

Said Yes to the Dress

I finally found it - my wedding dress! After months of searching, countless hours of website browsing and worrying that I might not have the "OMG - this is the dress!" moment - I did!

When I walked in the store, I saw the dress on a mannequin. I told my mom, "I kind of like that dress..." but I kept walking because it wasn't the style I had been going for. I had five tags for dresses to try on and it was my last tag - my wild card dress.

It was the first dress I tried on and I instantly loved it. I went ahead and tried the others on but kept thinking about the first dress. In the end, we said yes to the dress and signed my bridal life away.

Bridal gown shopping is weird. The entire process is odd because there are rules and regulations for trying on a dress...its just a strange cultural process. No pictures until you purchase, no telling the designer until after purchase, sometimes you can try on the dress yourself, sometimes someone has to put it on you...I am just happy to have found my dress so I don't have to fill out any more forms or buy any more magazines!

Without giving away the details, it is classic and graceful and I cannot wait for it to come in! I only have to wait until March!

On a side note: My mom told me a funny story about our search for the perfect dress so I thought I would share. Over my birthday weekend, my parents were in town and I was still sick from the EYE DROPS. I told my mom that there were a few bridal gown stores in Milwaukee that I wanted to go a look at. It takes a lot of energy to try on wedding gowns and I wasn't feeling it so I said we could wait and go the next time I was home.

Meanwhile, my mom was worried that I had cold feet! She didn't want to ask but she was concerned about my lack of urgency to get a dress. She also thought that we might be thinking about going the simple route and getting married in Las Vegas (I think this was wishful thinking on her part :-).

So after we found the dress she said, "I'm glad you finally found a something because I was really  worried about you..."

Oh, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding your dress! I remember wedding dress shopping- it's such a fun, overwhelming, crazy thing. Hope to see you this Christmas if you'll be in Columbus!

    ReplyDelete